Your cart is currently empty!
the study of stock charts – technical analysis
how can you look at a stock chart and analyze the trend ? besides fundamental analysis , technical analysis is also useful.
can you tell if it will move up ( if in an uptrend ) , sideways ( if in no trend ) or downwards ( if in a down trend ) ?
this is where the technical analysis comes in .. you study the following
- candlesticks – the various types – reading the candlestick will help you decipher the move
- candlestick patterns – a group of them form a pattern and analyze the trend
- moving averages – simple and exponential – they tell you whether the trend is increasing or reducing in strength
- ranges- bollinger bands
- oscillators – macd histograms , stochastics , relative strength index ( RSI) – they give you an indicator of the movement even before the moving averages do .
- overbought and oversold indicators
- continuation patterns ( flag up , flag down )
- reversal patterns ( head and shoulders , inverted head and shoulders , rounded bottom )
you will get to study all of these in our technical analysis course
for continuation patterns , you can predict the target price and the time it will take to get there