Your cart is currently empty!
how much should your loans be ?
financial experts agree that the loan / borrowing payments ( car , home etc ) from your net take home salary should NOT be more than 30 % of your NET take home salary ( gross income minus taxes )
you should have three years of emergency fund reserves
we recommend paying off the credit cards as soon as possible – because they have the highest interest rate.
so the order is
- build three years of emergency fund reserves
- pay off the credit cards
- all the borrowing / loan payments should NOT be more than 30 % of your net take home salary / income
- invest at least 30 % to 50 % of your income in long term investments – stocks , bonds , index funds , exchange traded funds ( ETF ) – consult your financial planner for the exact percentage – it will vary from person to person depending on the risk taking ability
- start early and deposit every month – the longer your money stays in the market , the bigger the value at the end of retirement
- don’t worry about stock market volatility – ups and downs – over a period of 10 years or more , it all evens out.